When you setup App on Facebook and try to make login with Facebook available in your script, everything seems fine but when someone attempt to login with a Facebook account he/she gets either of these errors from Facebook:
App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don’t have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions.
The developers of this app have not set up this app properly for Facebook Login.
Please note: This article was originally written on Oct 7, 2015 and has been updated on Oct 22, 2017.
So here is the step by step tutorial to setup your app properly, fix these errors and make the things up for your application.
This app is still in development mode, and you don’t have access to it:
This error comes when your app is not live. Let’s start and do it right.
1. Visit https://developers.facebook.com/ and login to your developer account.
2. There, click on the Apps menu on the top bar and select the respective app from the drop down.
The circle next to your app name is not fully green. When you hover mouse on it, you’ll see a popup saying, “Not available to all users because your app is not live.” So next, you’ve to make it publicly available.
3. Click on setting at left panel. [see the screenshot below]
4. In Basic tab add your “Contact Email” (a valid email address – I’ve added the one which I’m using with Facebook developer account) and make “Save changes“. Please note that you must have to provide this to make the app live in upcoming step. It’s the most important part where developers fail to setup app properly.
5. Next click “App Review” at left penal. [see the screenshot below]
6. Look for this, Make Astech App public? and Turn ON the switch below to this. Once you toggle the switch to “Yes” , the text right to it will turn to: Your app is currently live and available to the public. (My app’s name is Astech App, you might have something different)
7. That’s it! – App is now publicly available. See the fully green circle next to app name.
Now try to use Login with Facebook button in your application and check have you fixed the “This app is still in development mode, and you don’t have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions.” issue.