Author Recent Posts shows recent posts by an author on his post as a responsive sidebar widget.
Download plugin: Author Recent Posts (Version 1.2)
This plugin contains a responsive widget for showing off recent posts by an author on all the single post pages created by that author. This plugin is useful when you have multiple authors on your WordPress blog and you wish to display list of posts only created by particular author of the post.
You can also show author’s display name in widget title of your post as well as specify an alternate image url if not featured image in present in post.
- Download Author Recent Post Plugin and upload the author_recent_posts folder to
/wp-content/plugins/directory at your server
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Drag Author Recent Posts widget from list of your Available Widget to the sidebar where you want to place the widget
- You can change the widget options as per your requirement or can opt default settings and you’re ready
- Display author name: Place ‘[author]‘ shortcode without quote in title textbox under your widget options. This will replace the shortcode to author’s display name in your post.
- Number of posts to show: The number of posts to show in widget. Default is 5.
- Show thumbnail: Show or hide featured image in post. Default is false.
- Width: Width of featured image if ‘Show thumbnail’ is selected. Default is 50px.
- Height: Height of featured image if ‘Show thumbnail‘ is selected. Default is 50px.
- Alternate image url: Specify url for alternate image. This image will be used if featured image is not available in post.
- Display post date: Show or hide post published date. Default is false.
Viewing the Widget with thumbnail
Viewing the Widget without thumbnail
Specify ‘[author]‘ shortcode in Widget options
Viewing author name in Widget
Download plugin: Author Recent Posts (version 1.2)
* Bugfix: Posts in sidebar and current post were displaying same publish date. Issue fixed
* Option added to show alternate image.
* Let you specify a title with or without author name, set number of posts, enable/disable featured image and it’s size, display or not post date.